The mission of KIHO is to work with and for the people in order to promote and facilitate integral and sustainable community development and hence, attaining improved quality of life.
Services rendered to a community which is committed, dedicated, responsible, self-reliant and well-enlightened about its choices and decisions towards improvement of its people’s livelihoods.
Our core values
- Unity and solidarity in Kilimanjaro region and the whole of Tanzania
- Self-development and creativity between the local community and stakeholders
- Building positive relationship and reciprocal-sharing of information
- Mainstreaming of gender equality and equity in all programs
- Openness and fairness in the interaction with the local communities and donors
- Taking the lead in punctuality at any meeting or appointments